niedziela, 14 października 2012

I do patch my jeans


The most vulnerable area when it comes to my jeans is the crotch. Today I have patched my second pair of jeans and because they're more or less two years old, am thinking of buying myself another pair, just to be on the safe side :)

The material I used is a pair of jeans I picked up at a second hand cloth shop a while ago. Besides my sister has given me recently some jeans that are already too small or tight for her - one of the advantages of having siblings :) - I don't have to worry about my jeans supply any more :P


 leftovers from my previous sewing adventures


Any way, once I've selected the fabric ( I don't go into details like the sturdiness of the chosen fabric,   I don't pre -wash it in order to remove shrinkage and don't use any fusible web ), I cut patches that are a bit larger than the torn area. and place them on top of the hole. Hand stitch them in place to prevent them from shifting from place to place.



I set my machine to perform a zig-zag stich at the largest width (should have stitches close together ) and off we go :)


















The result:



And my second pair of jeans patched up before this year's summer:


That's called raw-edge stitching.

Luckily, the patches aren't visible when standing upright or walking. But be careful when you want to bend down :P




























Claro que emparcho mis vaqueros.

Tengo dos pares de vaqueros y en los dos se me han salido agujeros en la parte posadera, exactamente, en las entrepiernas.
Anios atras, los habria tirado a la basura si hubiese descubierto roturas semejantes. pero hoy, en los tiempos de la crisis, NUNCA :P  Ademas, si uno tiene una maquina de coser y ya se ha hecho adicto a ella  entonces no tiene mas remedio que repararlos.:)

Suelo remendarlos con parches que son unos pedazos de tela cortados de otros vaqueros desgastados por mi o uno de los miembros de mi familia. A veces compro un par en las tiendas con ropa de segunda mano. Se que podria ir a una de las mercerias y comprar parches listos, pero vale la pena gastar dinero?

Vale, primero busco unos pantalones de color que sea mas acorde con mis vaqueros.
Luego, corto los parches que son un poquito mas grandes que la rotura y los coloco no por el interor, sino por el exterior de la prenda. El hilo es de color muy parecido al de los pantalones - no me preocupo
que se vean los bordes porque las entrepiernas es la parte del cuerpo que se ve solamente cuando uno se incline hacia adelante o se agache.

Los parches los fijo con alfileres y luego me pongo a coser en zig zag - asi son mas
resistentes.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz